Blogging for PROFITS through value based content and personal branding.
So do you get it yet?
Your Blog (or personal branding website) is like your organisations 'nerve centre'… this quite literally is your online shop, office or if your really thinking BIG… CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS. If you understand this and treat it with the respect (and attention) it deserves you may be on the RIGHT track to an abundant flow of organic low cost leads and ONLINE PROFITS.
The quality and quantity of your blog content is fundamental to your blogging success. You must keep your readers educated, enlightened, empowered, entertained and salivating for more of your rich relevant content relating to their interest (your niche) to keep them coming back for more, co-contributing with comments and syndicating your content to their friends and tribe.
Chances are you had plenty of fears as you began putting yourself out there to the world to be judged through your blog content. You were probably incredibly overwhelmed as there is a ton to learn. You may have been nervous about knowing enough to position yourself as a leader in your niche and not quite sure where you would get enough information and inspiration to write all of those blog posts.
So what makes a GREAT blog post;
1. A compelling 'Headline'
2. A captivating 'Introduction paragraph'
3. A relevant 'Body' that includes 3 to 4 Tips (refer to the 10 ideas below)
4. A 'Closing Paragraph' that subtly introduces a warning
5. A 'Call to Action' at the end which is effectively 'the sale'
Note: Not every post should involve a sale unless you are so skilled at writing 'copy' that it is very very subtle.
The three qualities of blog content that I suggest will capture the attention and appreciation of your audience most are keeping it fresh, consistent, and informative. You should also limit each post to between 150 – 350 words. AND, more importantly you must be consistent. BLOG everyday if possible… if not every other day and be strategic to focus on your niche / keyword targets. Now lets take a look at some 'Kick Ass' content strategies;
10 Power Blogging Tips to Produce Content
- How-To Guides – Provide your readers with step by step directions to do something. While you may not feel like you are a leader in your niche yet, write about and share what you already KNOW. That’s the starting point… share your journey, experience and knowledge.
- Top # Lists – Easy to write, easy to read and loved by you and your audience. The best part is, these lists are composed by YOU… so you get to decide what is the “top” XX content to share. This positions you as a thought leader in your niche.
- Top # Tips – To accompany the top # Lists above, here you give away your “top” pieces of valuable information. E.g. My top 10 Ways to Produce Kick Ass Content
- Best Of Lists – This idea could literally go a million different ways. Customize it to your niche and do it periodically if you want. E.g. The best 5 Ways to distribute your Blog content.
- Series – Is there a topic that you are extremely knowledgeable about? Split it up into multiple blog posts. Create a series of posts on that one topic such as my 10 Part "Internet Newbie's Survival Guide"
- Q & A Posts – Create one post early in the week asking what people have questions about, then choose the best questions and answer them later in the week on a seperate post. This works best once you have a reasonable subscriber base and an interactive community of commentaries. You could offer an enticement offer to generate collaboration.
- Expert Interviews – Ask an expert in your niche if you could interview them and post the recording on your blog. Short, sweet, and simple this will benefit the expert by introducing them to another audience and it will benefit you by building your credibility by 'drafting' off the experts 'authority' in the market.
- Picture Posts – While this may not make sense for some niches, it could be a very creative way of expressing your ideas in others. Even in a seemingly “stiff” or “information focused” niche, this could provide a welcome breath of fresh air and entertainment within your blog content.
- Product Reviews – This is a great way to set yourself up as the expert because people would much rather get the abridged version from someone at the 'coal face' actually using the company, product or service. This is a great 'positioning' strategy for re-purposing content with you as the leader / expert
- Before/After Experiences – This is slightly different than a product review because it goes deeper. In this type of post, explain how you felt before and after using a product, service, or course. How did it change your life, your mindset, or your business? This is a great way to be “living proof” to your audience which is fast way to establish credibility and trust.
So let's review the above post;
Firstly it has a compelling Headline and a captivating Introduction. The Body is relevant, informative and educational; it also provides tips etc. Now for the closing paragraph, the subtle warning… "Start power blogging or perish!"… no really;
if you choose not to follow one or a number of the above recommendations you may not entice your audience to keep coming back and in-turn, never achieve the results you are looking for from your Blog. So, follow the 4E’s of valuable content (empowering, enlightening, entertaining, or educational) and your Online Profits are assured.
AND now the call to action / sales pitch (relax… no sale today!);
However, please leave a comment below, I would love to get your input about creating 'kick ass' Blog content. Spread the love… if this was valuable share it on your social networks. Remember the 'Law of Reciprocity'; "what goes around comes around 10 fold…"
Author: Drew Innes
A former Property & Finance Executive and now one of today's most successful Online Entrepreneurs. Drew is an International mentor and coach in the Direct Sales Industry specialising in Personal Development, Business Systems, Online Marketing and mentoring people on 'mastering the inner game of wealth'. Learn from Drew and create 'your own economy' to take back control of your life.